GET STARTED || OFFICE SETUP || DOWNLOAD, INSTALL
WHAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE?
Microsoft Office is a suite of applications for business productivity. A suite is a group of applications designed to work well together and are designed around a familiar interface. It is less expensive to buy a suite than it is to buy the individual applications separately.
The Microsoft Office 2019 or other versions suite comes in several different editions, each with a different combination of applications.
How to Install Microsoft office?
If this is the first time you’re installing Office, you may have some setup steps. Expand the learn more section below.
However, if you’re reinstalling Office, you’ve already redeemed a product key, or you’re installing Office at work or school and know you have a license, then go to the section sign in and install Office your PC or Mac.
- Go to www.office.com/setup, and if you’re not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office. This account can be a Microsoft account or a work or school account.
- After signing in, follow the steps that match the type of account you signed in with
- This completes the download of Office to your device. To complete the installation, follow the prompts in the “Install Office” section below.
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
- If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Select Yes.
- The install begins.
- Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now”, and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
- To open an Office app, select the Start button (lower-left corner of your screen) and type the name of an Office app, like Word.
- If you have Windows 8.1 or 8.0, type the name of an Office app on the Start screen. Can’t find your Office apps?
- To open the Office app, select its icon in the search results.
- When the Office app opens, accept the license agreement. The office is activated and ready to use.
System Requirements for Microsoft Office:
System component requirement for installation of Microsoft Office.
Computer and Processor:
Windows OS: 1.6 GHz or faster, 2-core. 2GHz or greater.
Mac OS: Intel Processor or M1 Processor
Windows OS: 4 GB RAM, 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
Mac OS: 4 GB
Windows OS: 4 GB of available hard disk space
Mac OS: 10 GB of available hard disk space
Windows OS: 1280 x 768 screen resolution
Mac OS: 1280 x 800 screen resolution
Windows OS: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 9 or later to run the office smoothly, with WDDM 2.0 or later versions for windows 10
Mac OS: No graphics required.
Windows OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2016
Mac OS: One of the three most recent versions of macOS. When a new version is released, the macOS requirement becomes one of the current three most recent versions.
The current version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome or Firefox.